15.12.09

That Day

It was sunny day
Just like every other
But the clouds reached far over me
Cause I tried, you see
Just like every other
To try to make a dollar
But my skills were not of a variety
There was this man
I’m just a woman
He paid well
Better than most others
And today he paid me double
But the venture was unlike any other
I ended up in a room with another woman’s man
Just when I thought we were alone
I was dragged from his home
Humiliated , all alone
It wasn’t FAIR YOU SEE!
This had never happened before
He tricked me with his lure
I was tricked by a servant of the Lord
IT WASN”T FAIR YOU SEE!
To be thrown down at the temple’s ground
A crowd gathered around
My clothes were falling down
As stones were being picked up
M y life…was over
And there, a man, calm and collected
Not even phased
Gentle like a lamb…
WHAT SHOULD WE DO TO THIS ADULTEROUS WOMAN
And the man, a teacher of some sort, looked at me
With compassion in his eyes
He slowly reached down
He slowly wrote in the sand
Letter after letter he wrote upon the sand
LET YE WHO HAS NOT SINNED CAST THE FIRST STONE
Who is this man, that cares enough for me?
Who is this man, who looked past the situation
Past the sin, past the mistakes, past the lies
Into my heart
This man who looked like he would die for me
Even though he’d never met me
I looked into his kind eyes
And didn’t notice the crowd die away
I would live to see another day
There was no one there to condemn me

No comments:

Post a Comment