26.5.09

My Box

The dimensions of me
and constantly changing
rearranging

The sides of me are constantly expanding
contracting
constricting

The many songs that float
in the unspoken words i write
seem to jump around
and make a commotion

The many dimensions of me
are secret
hidden
there
here
everywhere

so how can you make a box for me?

I'm loud when I whisper
I'm here as I disappear
I'm as rough as i'm tender
I pull away when I draw near

I'm as angry as fire
and cooling as the wind
as sharp as a knife
I'm changing like each trend

I'm tired when i'm awake
bored when things are fun
disengaged as I listen
and as destructive as a gun

Splendid don't you think?
to take me as I am
which really means
you can't take me at all

The Dimensions of me are
solid
reinforcing
the same as yesterday
yet as uncertain as tomorrow

by Kelly P

No comments:

Post a Comment